Apples, Apples, Apples!! This dish is inspired by a salad I had when I visited a local hot springs spa. It’s fresh and bright and bursting with flavors!
What you need:
- 3 large apples, peeled and cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 cup of chopped fennel bulb
- ¼ cup of chopped fennel leaves
- ½ cup dried cranberries and walnuts
- 3 Tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 1 Tablespoon honey
How to Do it:
Place all of the salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Using a wire whisk, mix the dressing ingredients until they have emulsified, or thickened.
Pour over the apples and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour. Serve cold. (I garnished with bright nasturtiums, and edible flower with a peppery taste)
© Copyright 2015 The Lazy Gastronome
Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop xo
Pinned. Looks great!!! Linda @Crafts a la mode
I love the flavor combo! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop!