Whether you’re on the go for work or pleasure, it’s important to have variety in your diet. Living on the go, it’s important to have healthy options at all times. Try out some of these healthy meals to help you stay on track when you’re on the go.
How to Choose the Right Meals for You
When you’re on the go, it can be hard to find healthy meals that are easy and convenient. But don’t worry! Here’s a list of quick, easy ideas for you to try out when you’re in a pinch.
- 1. Salmon with Quinoa
Salmon is low in fat and high in protein, making it an ideal meal for on-the-go days. Combine salmon with quinoa and you get all the nutrients your body needs.
- 2. Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
Broccoli is loaded with vitamins such as Vitamin A, C, and K, which are great for your immune system and hair growth. Adding chicken makes this dish filling and yummy!
- 3. Turkey Burger with Sweet Potato Fries
Make this burger with lean ground turkey for a lower fat meal that satisfies your taste buds! The sweet potato fries add fiber to this dish without adding too much extra weight or calories (for those on the go!). Add a fresh garden salad for extra goodness too.
Tips for Eating on the Go
Whether you’re on the go for work or pleasure, make sure to pack yourself a healthy meal.
- Pack your own food. If you’re at the office, it’s easy to grab something unhealthy from the vending machine or cafeteria. Instead, pack a lunch that doesn’t come with any added sugar or high fructose corn syrup.
- Pack snacks that are low-calorie so you can eat them in between meals. You might want to try dried fruit, nuts, and granola bars that don’t add a lot of calories to your diet.
- Find healthy recipes online and use them as inspiration when you’re on the go. These will be time-saving options when you’re packing a lunchtime menu for yourself every day.
Tips for Eating on the Go
The best options for eating on the go are those that keep you satiated. When you’re on the go, it can be challenging to find time to sit down and eat a meal. Here are some quick and easy options will fill you up without taking too much of your time.
Stick to protein-rich snacks like nuts or trail mix rather than something like a sandwich.
If you’re looking for something quick and satisfying, try out one of these meals! They’re all fast-cooking and use many ingredients that will keep your stomach feeling full while also being low in calories:
- Cottage cheese with spinach, blueberries, walnuts, and yogurt on top
- Tuna salad with celery root, carrots, and green onion
- Raspberry blueberry muffin
- Protein pancakes with peanut butter
Eating on the go needn’t be unhealthy, the key to having nutritious meals to eat when you’re out and about is forward-thinking and prep to make sure you have something you can grab on your way out of the door of a morning.