Thai Coconut Shrimp and Noodle Soup
Looking for something rich and spicy? How about a Thai inspired soup rich with coconut milk, shrimp and spicy curry? Here’s a recipe that’s quick to prepare and delicious!
What you need:
- ¾ cup chopped red, yellow and orange peppers
- ¾ cup chopped green onions, white and green
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 3 fresh Thai chilies, whole
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon pure sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon yellow curry paste
- 1 ½ cup peeled shrimp
- 1 ½ cups lite coconut milk
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked ramen or soba noodles
- 2/3 cup chopped cilantro
How to Do it:
Heat the oil in a large sauce pan on medium-high heat. Add the peppers, garlic, ginger, chilies and onions and sauté until slightly soft, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat and stir in the curry paste and the shrimp. Cook until the shrimp is just slightly opaque. Do not over cook!!
Stir in the coconut milk and bring to a gentle simmer. Add the broth and noodles and heat through. Stir in the cilantro and serve immediately.
Makes four servings
© Copyright 2017 The Lazy Gastronome