Summer just seems to ask for Southwestern foods. That slightly spicy flavor that blends with all those fresh vegetables. I know it’s not summer yet, but we’ve had some hot days here in Oregon that have made me get excited about the upcoming season!
Here is a salad to get you started (like for your Memorial day barbecue!)
What you need:
- 3 cups cooked rotelle pasta
- 1 ear of corn, slightly cooked and kernels removed **
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- ¾ cup chopped yellow pepper
- ¾ cup chopped purple onion
- 3 Tablespoons minced cilantro
- ¼ cup chipotles in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing (I like Litehouse homestyle)
- 4 oz. can of chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
** To cook the corn, leave it in the husk and microwave for 2-4 minutes. Allow to cool, then remove the husk and run under cold water until cool enough to handle. Carefully cut the kernels from the cob.
How to Do it:
Mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a large bowl. Make sure it is all blended.
Mix all the salad ingredients together, then pour the dressing over and mix well.
Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight.
That’s it! So fire up the grill and get ready for summer – and enjoy your Southwestern Pasta Salad!!
© Copyright 2017 The Lazy Gastronome