I love my crock pot, and I love this soup – I take it for lunch the next day!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 package (just over 1 pound) of Italian sausage – I like the hot!
- ½ medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth (garlic infused is good)
- 1 15-oz can cannellini beans
- 1 15-oz can fire roasted tomatoes with garlic
- 1 Tablespoon each of fresh oregano, basil and parsley
- 5 cups of chopped kale
Here’s how to do it:
Heat the olive oil in a heavy pan and cook the onions slightly.
Cut the sausage into bite sized pieces, add to the onions and lightly brown.
Add all the ingredients into the crock pot, give it a stir and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Add the basil, parsley and oregano about 1/2 hour before serving.
Serve hot with warm, toasted, rolls.