- 1 March is National Noodle month and in honor of the glorious noodle, every Thursday will be Noodle Day. Today it’s Taco Pasta Casserole – and at the end there’s a place for you to share your own amazing noodle recipes! Happy Noodling!
- 3 What you need:
- 4 How to Do it:
- 5 Share this:
- 6 Like this:
- 7 Related
What you need:
- ¾ pound ground beef
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 teaspoons regular chili powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 8 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 3 cups cooked pasta
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 1 ½ cup bottled salsa
- 2/3 cup crushed chili lime tortilla chips
- Avocado, sour cream, chopped cilantro and sliced green onions for garnish
How to Do it:
Brown the ground beef in a skillet. Stir in the spices and water and cook until the meat is no longer pink.
Stir in the olive oil and the pasta. Add the salsa and 1/3 cup of the cheddar.
Transfer to an oven proof casserole dish. Top with the tortilla chips, then the remaining cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until the cheese begins to brown.
Remove and allow to cool slightly. Garnish and serve hot!
Makes about 6 servings
© Copyright 2018 The Lazy Gastronome
To add my Mexican touch, I would probably make my own salsa with a little chipotle to spice things up. My kids would probably love this casserole. Tweeting and pinning this! Greetings from the Blogger’s Pit Stop!
That sounds great! Thanks for stopping by!
Happy noodle day! Your recipe looks delicious!
Thanks – and thanks for stopping by!
This looks delicious, Helen. I only eat the low-calorie Konjac noodles these days but they would go well with that flavor that you have in your recipe.
We will feature this post on the next Blogger’s Pit Stop. Congratulations on a great recipe.
the texture of the konjac noodles is a little different but I think they’d work great.
Pingback: casserole Chicken and Rice Casserole with Broccoli and CheeseThe Lazy Gastronome