Did you ever go to make some BBQ and find you were out of sauce? Well I bet you have everything you need in the pantry and your refrigerator to make a batch of your own!
What you need:
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 8-oz cans of tomato sauce
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
How to Do it:
Heat the oil in a large sauce pan. Sauté the onion until they are slightly softened. Add the garlic and continue to cook for 2-3 more minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 45-60 minutes, stirring often. The sauce will be darkened and thick.
Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Makes about 2 cups of sauce. Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
© Copyright 2016 The Lazy Gastronome