BLT Pasta – Bacon, Leaves (basil) and Tomatoes. I love pasta salad and I love BLTs. So what could be better on a hot summer day than this salad? Or serve it warm too!
What you need:
- 1 cup small, dry pasta (I used ditalini)
- 1/3 pound of bacon, cut into chunks
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half length-wise
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced very thin
- 4 basil leaves, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of mayo (or butter if you’re going warm)
- Parmesan cheese (not the stuff in the can)
How to Do it:
Cook the pasta in salted water until it is tender but still al dente. Drain
While the pasta is cooking, cook the bacon until it is crisp. Drain off most of the fat and add the garlic. Lightly sauté on med for about 2 minutes.
Add all the ingredients back into the pasta pan and mix.
Mix in the parmesan and put into a serving dish. Garnish with basil.
© Copyright 2015 The Lazy Gastronome
Below are some of the items we used to create this recipe!
Disclosure: The items below are affiliate links through Amazon.com. If you purchase any of these products through the links, I receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thanks for your support!