I went blackberry picking this weekend – There are so many things to do with these sweet berries -here’s one of our favorites. It’s great on chicken – delicious on fish – and wait until you taste it on RIBS!!
Blackberry BBQ Sauce? Yep – And here is how you do it!
A perfect summer sauce for chicken, fish and pork.
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup of chopped sweet onion like the local walla walla - or a spanish sweet
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh blackberries
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 3/4 teaspoon hot paprika
Saute the garlic and onions in the olive oil until they are golden. Add the blackberries, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then simmer until the sauce is thickened. Add the remaining ingredients and continue to simmer until it is the consistency of barbecue sauce.
Store in an air tight container.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups –
© Copyright 2017 The Lazy Gastronome