I love chanterelles – my favorite wild mushroom – and this is my favorite thing to make with them! Cream of Chanterelle Soup!
And here’s how you do it…
Fall brings on some of the best foods and mushrooms top my list! These wild mushrooms make a rich and nutty flavored soup.
- 4-5 cups of raw mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoon of butter
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 cup garlic infused chicken broth or plain if you don’t like garlic
- 1 ½ cups whipping cream or half and half
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4-5 saffron threads optional
- 1/4 cup cream sherry
Clean and slice the mushrooms. Cook in the butter until soft. Add the garlic and cook until the mushrooms are lightly browned. There should be about 2 ½ cups cooked mushrooms.
Save out ½ cup of the mushrooms and chop them small. Place the remaining mushrooms and the broth in a blender and puree until smooth.
Place in a large sauce pan with the remaining ingredients and heat through.
Serve hot. You can add an additional Tablespoon of sherry to each bowl when serving if you’d like.
Makes about 4 cups